These terms and conditions apply to all services that Yrless Limited (Us/Our/We) provide to you our customer (You). All services are not available in all areas.
- Services are subject to Fair Use
- All plans come with a free email address - Email addresses cost $50+GST per year each to keep if no longer a YrlessPlus customer
- All wireless plans are unlimited data plans, with restricted upload and download speeds
- All connections and plans are for a single dwelling only, unless prior arrangements have been made with us.
- Connection speeds are subject to environmental factors such as location, line-of-sight, noise / interference
- Actual speeds will be affected by various factors including NZ and overseas networks, your modem and computer technology.
- Outdoor physical installs are subject to weather conditions and installer availability
- Installs come with a 24-month term contract. An early disconnection fee applies. You will be charged $15.00 for every month left in your contract
We have a "pay as you go" plan for holiday homes - contact us for pricing
- Open term contracts have no disconnection fee, $500 + travel for a standard install
- Modem for ADSL, VDSL, or Fibre services is $253 unless you supply your own
- ADSL & VDSL services are “naked” meaning they don't need a phone service on the line
- All Equipment (apart from Modem/routers) remains our property unless otherwise stated.
- You agree that:
- A standard wireless install involves a dish & stay on your house roof, up to 15m cable, and 2 hours labour;
- A standard RBI install involves an RBI router inside your house that broadcasts WiFi inside your house;
- A standard ADSL install involves a router inside your house that connects to your copper phone line;
- A standard Fibre connection involves connecting to the ONT supplied by Chorus, and Yrless activating the connection on your behalf.
- All installs and repairs will incur a travel cost of $1.15 per km + Labour
- 1GB is calculated as 1024MB; and
- Any unused data within a monthly period will not be carried forward to the following month.
Payment Terms and conditions
- Installation work is to be paid upon completion of the work, otherwise where a payment plan is requested
- In accordance with the Privacy Act (1993) I authorise any person or company to give information as required for the purpose accessing my creditworthiness
- •Monthly invoicing will generate on the date that you first became a customer (e.g., 5th of every month).
- Accounts outstanding by 40 days will result in your service being halted
- All costs incurred in the collection of overdue accounts will be payable by the debtor
- If your account is closed by us, the debt will be sent to a collection agency and your future ability to obtain credit may be affected.
Network Terms and Conditions
- We will provide you the customer with broadband internet to your house as a basic service.
- We will only provide add-on's to the base service at your request and at an agreed price.
- We reserve the right to cancel your connection at any time, money owing by you to be paid in full up to and including the month of cancellation.
- We hold no liability for damage to your computers/network resulting from connection to our network.
- We may shape/manage/scan data on your connection.
- We may change your plan to accommodate the data you are using.
- We will not pass on your personal information unless requested by law.
- We can't guarantee a reliable service for the customer if:
- You are connecting by laptop to our access points
- You live in an area with too much interference from other wireless networks
- The wireless signal is higher than -80dBi
- We will use all reasonable efforts to provide our service to you in New Zealand on a 24/7 basis but we do not guarantee that the supply of our services will be continuous or fault free. It is possible that on occasion our service may be unavailable (e.g. to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place, or in the event of an issue with underlying third party telecommunications infrastructure or due to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below)). We will use reasonable efforts to publish on our website advance details of any unavailability.
- You acknowledge that our network relies on underlying telecommunications infrastructure owned by various third parties (including Chorus) and there may be disruptions, outages or faults with that infrastructure from time to time which will affect our service to you. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all responsibility and liability for that underlying infrastructure.
- You acknowledge that our service may link to third party websites or feeds that are connected or relevant to our service. Any link from our service does not imply our endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those websites or feeds or their content or operators. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all responsibility or liability for those websites or feeds.
- Fair use Policy:
- We operate a Fair Use Policy for your wireless connection.
- We reserve the right to monitor data download and upload from your connection.
- If in our reasonable opinion your usage is excessive or unreasonable we reserve the right to request that you and other users on your connection, reduce your usage, and in the event of continued excessive and/or unreasonable use we reserve the right to migrate you to an alternative plan for the duration of your contract.
- Unlimited plans are for single dwellings only - they cannot be shared to other houses, even on the same property/title
Customer Terms and Conditions - (You) agree to the following
- Not to tamper/damage wireless gear, our wireless network, or 3rd party networks & computers on the internet, or use the network for nefarious or illegal purposes
- Not to remove or damage gear before leaving a house, if renting
- All accounts will be paid on time unless by prior agreement with us
- You have the right to request/update what information we hold about you.
- We retain all intellectual property/copyright in the website and all media, data, information, documents, drawings or deliverables prepared by us. You are entitled to use them only for the purpose for which they are intended and only if you have paid all fees owing to us.
- All warranties and representations (including those expressed or implied by law) in respect of our services are excluded to the extent permitted by law. The provisions in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply to the extent that you are acquiring services from us for the purposes of a business in terms of section 2 and 43 of that Act.
- We not liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential damage or loss of any kind under any cause of action arising under or in connection with our services to you.
- Our liability to you (whether in relation to contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) in connection with the provision of its services to you is limited to an amount equal to the value of fees paid by you to us in the month preceding the date of the relevant claim.
- If either party is found liable to the other (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), and the claiming party and/or a third party has contributed to the loss or damage, the liable party shall only be liable to the proportional extent of its own contribution.
- No legal proceedings may be commenced later than 12 months after the date on you became aware or ought reasonably to have become aware of the act or omission on which the claim is based.
- Neither party will be liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations under these terms by reason of any cause or circumstance beyond the party’s reasonable control including, acts of God, communication line failures, power failures, riots, strikes, lock-outs, labour disputes, fires, war, flood, earthquake or other disaster, pandemic (including COVID-19), epidemic or governmental action but excluding lack of funds for any reason (Force Majeure Event). The party affected must:
- Notify the other party as soon as practicable after the Force Majeure Event occurs and provide full information concerning the Force Majeure Event including an estimate of the time likely to be required to overcome it;
- Use its best endeavours to overcome the Force Majeure Event; and
- Continue to perform its obligations as far as practicable.
- Your rights and obligations under these terms are personal to you and may not be assigned, novated, transferred, subcontracted or otherwise dealt with without first obtaining our written consent. We may assign novate, subcontract or transfer any of our rights and obligations under these terms at any time without your consent provided that we will give you written notice of any such transfer.
- To waive a right under these terms that waiver must be in writing and signed by the waiving party.
- Any benefits expressly conferred on any third parties named or referred to in these terms are intended to be enforceable by those third parties for the purposes of section 12 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
- Any illegality, unenforceability or invalidity of a provision of these terms does not affect the legality, enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions of these terms.
- These terms and any contract to which they apply are governed by the laws of New Zealand and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
These terms and conditions may be reviewed from time to time and change without notice.